Mosquitoes are much more than a just a nuisance. For centuries they’ve plagued humans, carrying diseases, and spreading them to our kind. They can infest our homes and businesses, both indoors and outdoors, and due to the rate at which they multiply and their resilience against shop-bought preventions, they can be difficult to eliminate.
Double G Pest Control, Inc are one of the most reputable pest control companies in Quincy Illinois. They provide pest control for mosquitoes to residential and commercial properties who want to enlist the services of trained, qualified professionals.
While you can fight the issue at home yourself, as we outline below, mosquitos are prone to return, and the process of elimination may require more research, repairs, and solutions than you have time for.
If you’re struggling with a mosquito infestation, or you’re worried about one developing, here’s how you can deal with it or prevent it:
- How to deal with a mosquito infestation
There are many ways to deal with a mosquito infestation, but the most effective is to call a pest control specialist.
Should you wish to try and tackle the issue yourself, there are products you can buy and things you can do to try and eradicate these pests. This includes:
- Understanding their breeding cycles, what they feed on and the environments they thrive in to identify problem areas
- Consider fumigation (products can be bought in any major store near you)
- Considering baiting (put out poison that smells and tastes good to pests)
- Consider natural solutions, such as replants and oils
- Cut off all entry points, which could mean applying weather stripping to doors, caulking cracks in walls and/or sealing gaps in window openings
- Who to call when you have a mosquito infestation at home or at work
The absolute best pest way to deal with a mosquito infestation is to enlist the services of a pest control specialist such as Double G Pest Control, Inc.
These are trained experts who can not only eliminate the issue but help you to identify why the mosquitoes choose your home or workplace to lay their eggs and cause havoc. Through thorough investigation and knowledge, they can identify why the mosquitoes are thriving, the areas that are the route of the problem, and implement the correct solutions to prevent it from happening again.
Double G Pest Control, Inc was founded by Greg Goodwin, an industry expert with over 25 years of experience. Nobody in Illinois has more experience or dedication within pest control, and Double G should be your first port of call should you need the help of a trained expert.
- How to avoid a mosquito infestation at home at work
Mosquitos can be an issue both inside and outside of our home and workplaces. Once you have an infestation on your hands, it can be difficult to stop without the expert help of a pest control specialist. You can avoid such issues by following these guidelines inside your home:
- Keep your home air conditioned
- Repair any gaps or cracks in windowsills, doors or walls that allow bugs to infiltrate
- Install window and door screens (or repair them if they have gaps and cracks)
To avoid mosquitoes outside of your home, you can:
- Cover damp or water-filled storage containers
- Empty or scrub areas where mosquitoes could lay eggs, such as buckets, flowerpots, train containers, tires, or planters, at least once a week
- For large surface areas, such as pools, use larvicides as treatments
Double G Pest Control in Quincy Illinois provides residential and commercial pest control services, exterminator, termite inspection, termite treatments, spraying for ants, cockroaches, spiders as well as rodent pest control to homeowners and commercial businesses located in and around West Central Illinois and North-eastern Missouri. Learn more via the website: https://doublegpestcontrol.com/